- On August 21, 2019
The Sports Tech World Series is on again, this year’s Australian conference happening this week in Melbourne on Friday August 23rd. Fusion Sport are pleased to recognize several of our clients who will be speaking at the event.
See Fusion Sport in these Presentations:
Innovation & Technology Olympics
Bernadet van Os | High Performance Manager, Technology
Netherlands Olympic Committee (NOC*NOS)
1.50pm, Track 1: Sports Teams, Federations and Leagues
The NOC have recently adopted the Smartabase Human Performance Platform as a way to collect, centralize and analyse their athlete data. In her talk Bernadet will discuss the process her team went through in adopting the data management platform and how it will assist their journey on the way to the #Tokyo2020 Olympics.
Sports Science Innovation & Technology
Carles Bargalló Segura | Sports Technology & Innovation
9.20am, Track 1: Sports Teams, Federations and Leagues
FC Barcelona are a Smartspeed client who utilize our Timing Gate System to assist in training and conditioning their athletes. Below is a short clip of Andres Iniesta from late last year doing a 360 degree reactive agility grid drill using Smartspeed. Performance staff used to measure his reaction time and speed to assist in determining whether Iniesta was able to return to play.
We’re also looking forward to these talks from leading industry experts:
- The Story of Scoring: How Data has Changed the Narrative – Karl Jackson, Head of Data & Analytics at Champion Data (Smartabase Integration Partner)
2.30pm, Track 3: Sports Technology, Technical and Data Science
- Finding the Causes of Sports Injury: What We’re Doing Wrong – Stephanie Kovalchik, Data Scientist at Tennis Australia
4.20pm, Track 3: Sports Technology, Technical and Data Science
- PANEL: Sports High Performance, Athlete Tracking, Athlete Management and Athlete Performance
3.30pm, Track 1: Sports Teams, Federations and Leagues
MODERATOR: William Strange, CEO at SPT
1. Danielle Gescheit, Manager Performance Info & Analysis at Tennis Australia
2. Dr Tannath Scott, Athletic Performance Manager at Vald Performance (Smartabase Integration Partner)
3. Kim Crane, National High Performance Director at Surfing Australia
4. Tania Gallo, Head Sports Scientist at North Melbourne Football Club