- On April 15, 2020
Explore best practice medical workflows in Smartabase with Fusion Sport Sports Science Consultant Braydon Mallitt and APAC Business Development Manager James Grigson
Watch the full webinar now or read the article below for a simple overview.
In this webinar Sports Science consultant Braydon Mallitt runs through two different medical workflows that can assist practitioners in accurately documenting injuries via Smartabase:
- Treating a single injury
– Explore flexible consultation and assessment workflows using forms to record comprehensive injury notes in Smartabase
– View configurable dashboard reports that assist to track and monitor athlete injuries
- Treating the athlete as a whole
– Review a more holistic athlete health assessment form that will enable you to link multiple injuries together into one overall assessment
Reporting Dashboards and Data Visualization
The key advantage of compiling your injury records in Smartabase is the ability to easily visualize and analyze the injury data you’ve collected.
In the webinar Braydon explores a potential ‘front page’ dashboard report visualizing key data points such as:
- Squad overview with availability status and injury summary as applicable (updated in real time)
- Injury history
- Current treatments
- Rehab programs
- Prescriptions and medications
- Nutrition recommendations and individual goals
All of this can be organized into the one reporting dashboard more effectively through the use of tabs, with the ability to drill down into individual injury records from the dashboard using the clickthrough function.
Another key Dashboard report to explore in Smartabase is the Injury Surveillance Dashboard, easily configured to suit your exact needs to explore your injury data such as:
- Total injuries
- Time loss due to injury/training days missed
- Longest/shortest/average injury duration
- Frequency of injuries by injury type
- Where injuries are occurring
- Where within the season certain injuries are occurring, and for what athlete positions
Comprehensive injury notes will assist with better injury surveillance reporting so that performance staff are able to use injury information in order to explore not just what has occurred, but WHY it may have occurred and any related trends.
A comprehensive EMR is the first step to developing an effective injury surveillance monitoring program, and thus integral in assisting performance staff to understand injuries and develop training/conditioning programs that will better mitigate risk of injury.
To book in a one on one demonstration of Smartabase and discuss your EMR and data migration needs with our team please fill in the form below.