- On avril 27, 2016
SMARTABASE contains a number fo really useful tools for montiroing athlete compliance to data entry, and providing rewards to athletes for good compliance. Here are a few ideas you can implement quickly and easily, but if you have any questions please contact your Fusion Sport SMARTABASE team representative.
How to count number of records entered by a player in a given time period
- Add a Calculation somewhere in your form that returns a value of 1. Call this something like “Index”.
- Add a History Calculation to sum the Index over your desired period of time. Be sure to include the value of 1 from the current record as well.
- Limit your History calculation to a custom date period.
- You can set up a calculation called something like “Entries this week” that counts the number of Wellness forms entered so far this week.
Or you can use rolling 7 days instead of defined weeks. If you have a defined number of entries expected per week the summary report can then calculate % compliance or “n/5 records completed this week”.
How to automate feedback to athletes
Did you know you can use the Performance Alerts module to notify athletes not just staff?
You can have athletes as Monitored Athletes and Notified Users so they will receive alerts from their own data
Historical calculations can be used to trigger alerts.
You can set up Performance Alerts to send messages to athletes if number of “Entries this Week” is greater than or equal to 5 with messages such as “Legend, 5 wellness records so far this week! Thanks”. Or each time they fill in their Wellness a text message to say « thanks ».
How to set reminders to athletes to login and enter data
- Our Reminders module does a great job of this. Take a look at this example.
- Or you can use the iCal subscription link for athletes to subscribe to their SMARTABASE calendars in Outlook or iOS Mail.
- Then use reminder tools within the mail client to set reminder messages.
How to provide information back to athletes and show them how their data is being used.
- You can use the Performance Alerts module to automatically send them the PDF of the Wellness record for the day.
- You can create an event page called something like “Athlete Monitoring Summary Report” which includes any combination of inform charts, inform report tables, and linked fields. This form can provide a brief summary of all monitoring data the athlete has provided in the last week. Things like wellness, bodyweight, flexibility, hydration, musculo screenings, etc.
- To create these records you can either use Group Entry mode.
- Or you can use our new Smartsave module to automatically create these records each week.
- You can very easily create a report which shows who has and has not yet completed their forms today.
- In the Reports module, in the Date Interval section filter data for Today, and then in the View Fields section select ‘Include Missing Users’.
- In Live Excel Reports use conditional formatting to colour names in green for those players that have completed their data entry today.
- Names in red for those players that have not completed their data entry today.